- Town Council
Public comments are accepted at most meetings. Speakers are limited to three minutes but can speak to the Council on any topic.
To see if public comments are being accepted at the meeting and to see what other items will be discussed, you can find the agenda by clicking here. If the agenda includes "Requests From Visitors and Speakers From the Floor," then public comments are welcome. Public comments are also welcome for items listed as "Public Hearing."
- Email the Town Clerk at email@example.com
- Email the Town Council at firstname.lastname@example.org
Videos of Council Meetings are available at:
- Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro)
Meeting Materials are available at:
The Town Council meets at 7 p.m. on Tuesdays (meetings are usually suspended in July and August and during winter holiday breaks). To confirm the date, time and location of the meeting click here.
Agendas are usually posted on the website the Friday afternoon before the meeting. You can also call the Town Clerk’s office at (919) 918-7310 to get info on upcoming meetings.
To download a copy of the full meeting calendar click here.
An archive of Agendas, Minutes and Videos from Board of Aldermen meetings prior to April 2013 is available at http://www.carrboronc.gov/853/Archived-Town-Council-Agendas-Minutes
For Town Council (formerly know as Board of Aldermen) meeting Agendas, Minutes and Meeting Videos from March 2013 to PRESENT, visit https://carrboro.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx
- 2022 National Mentoring Month Resolution
- Black History Month Proclamation 2022
- Carrboro Council Solidarity with Ukraine Resolution 3_8_2022 REVISED
- Invasive Species Awareness Week Proclamation 2022
- Libba Cotten Day 2022
- National Day of Racial Healing 2022
- Poetry Month Proclamation April 2022_Mayor Seils
- Transit Driver Appreciation Day Proclamation 3-15-2022
The Town of Carrboro established the position of Poet Laureate in 2002. The poet laureate coordinates the opening of every Carrboro Town Council meeting with the reading of a poem.
Access these at http://www.carrboronc.gov/2593/Poetry-Readings-During-Town-Council-Meet
Proclamations and Resolutions 2015 - 2022 are available at http://www.carrboronc.gov/1154/2015-2021-Town-Proclamations